PUNJAB CIVIL SERVICES
Conducted by PPSC for the following posts:
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Grade-II)/ District Probation Officer (Jails)
- Excise & Taxation Officer
- Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer
- Assistant Register Co-operative Societies
- Employment Generation and Training Officer.
- The selection process for filling posts in various departments based on the PSCSCCE will commence with inviting applications from the candidates, who fulfill the qualifying criteria. The candidates who apply in response to the advertisement for these posts will be registered by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Commission www.ppsc.gov.in
- The candidate should possess a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution; the candidate may be permitted to take preliminary examination while studying for the qualifying degree.
- No candidate shall be eligible for appearing in the Preliminary Competitive Examination, unless he/she has passed the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Government from time to time.
- As mandated by Punjab Civil Services Rules 1976, (amended from time to time)the candidate should have attained the minimum age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 38 years on the first day of January of the year in which the last day falls for submission of application to the Commission.
- In the case of the post of Deputy Superintendent Police in the Punjab police Service, a candidate should attained the minimum age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 28 years on the first day of the year.
- Essential steps involved in the selection process are same as in UPSC viz:
i. Preliminary Competitive Examination; and
ii. Main Competitive Examination.
iii. Personality Test
Details from ppsc site
A) Procedure and scheme for the Preliminary Examination:
The preliminary competitive examination will consist of two papers of 200 marks each and shall comprise of objective type (multiple choice) questions. The detail is as follows:-
No. of Questions
Marks for each question
Paper – I
Paper – II
Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)
B) Procedure and scheme for the Main Examination:
Punjabi (in Gurmukhi Script) Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)
English Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)
General Studies Paper-I (History, Geography and Society)
General Studies Paper- II (Indian Constitution & Polity, Governance and International Relations)
General Studies Paper-III (Economy, Statistics and Security Issues)
General Studies Paper-IV (Science & Technology, Environment, Problem Solving & Decision Making)